The load on my Cubieboard was constantly above 1.0, which is way too much for a single core device, so I started searching for a solution. After looking in top, I saw that
usb-hardware-sc was probably the problem, because it was in D state (
I tried to kill it with signal 9 but of course that wouldn’t work. When searching for
usb-hardware-sc I saw that there were some other people who noticed this, but they didn’t have a solution.
At this point I contacted rm because I thought it may be a problem with his kernel. He told me it may be a problem with
script.bin, which controls the hardware configuration. Unfortunately I don’t have Android’s
script.bin anymore, so I continued my search before extracting it from the Android image.
Eventually I found a solution. It is pretty simple and it works! I just downloaded a clean
script.bin from Cubieboard’s hwpack, converted it to
./bin2fex script.bin script.fex) opened it with
vi, searched for
[usbc0] and replaced the whole block by the following:
[usbc0] usb_used = 1 usb_port_type = 0 usb_detect_type = 0 usb_id_gpio = usb_det_vbus_gpio = usb_drv_vbus_gpio = port:PB09<1><0><default><0> usb_host_init_state = 0
Then I just converted it back (
./fex2bin script.fex script.bin), copied it to the boot partition (
cp script.bin /boot) and rebooted my Cubieboard. Now everything runs fine with a nice low load!